

Well, on Sunday I was talking with the Ward Ex. Secretary and he said 'oh, by the way' (I really don't like it when people start like that, it usually doesn't end well). He told us last week that we were being ushers in the Temple. He was wrong. We'll be at the Stake Center. I'm having a really hard time with it because I am so disappointed.
I just really don't understand the whole system for handing out tickets and assignments for both the dedication and the Cultural Celebration. The Hart Gym (where the celebration will be held) seats 6-7000 people (I don't remember exactly how many, maybe more than that). About 2000 Primary children, youth and young adults are taking part. Yet, for some reason, they don't have enough seating to allow the parents of the performers sit in the gym to watch their children. Our bishopric told us that they had 3 seperate letters telling them that parents were *not* to get tickets to sit in the gym. I don't understand and no one seems to be willing to explain other than to say 'you can go to the dress rehersal on Friday'. Why can't other people go on Friday if it's going to be so great?
The Temple will have seating for about 1800 people per session (4 sessions, 7200 tickets total). Who is getting those tickets? I know I'm not more special than anyone else but I also know that I'm not any less special. Why can't I get tickets? I know there can't possibly be that many "vip's" in the area. I talked to the man in charge of the ushers for the Temple and he said there was nothing he could do.
When I was a teen, the Portland, Oregon Temple was built. I graduated high school just before it was dedicated. I was soooo excited!! This was *my* Temple!! I helped at the Open House along with many other youth. Then I left for college a week before the dedication. My Mom sang in the dedication chior and I would have been able to go if I had been there. So, when Rexburg was announced, I was ecstatic thinking that now I have another Temple that is '*my*' Temple and I would certainly be able to go to the dedication. I tried for several weeks, in vain, to find out who was in charge of the chior. No luck there. That was disappointing because I wanted to sing in the chior. Then to be told that I'm not allowed to attend the dedication in the Temple is devestating. I'll keep trying this week to see if I can find tickets but I'm not expecting there are any left.
If you've made it this far, please don't judge me. I have struggles you don't and I know you have struggles I don't. This is mine this week.
I just really don't understand the whole system for handing out tickets and assignments for both the dedication and the Cultural Celebration. The Hart Gym (where the celebration will be held) seats 6-7000 people (I don't remember exactly how many, maybe more than that). About 2000 Primary children, youth and young adults are taking part. Yet, for some reason, they don't have enough seating to allow the parents of the performers sit in the gym to watch their children. Our bishopric told us that they had 3 seperate letters telling them that parents were *not* to get tickets to sit in the gym. I don't understand and no one seems to be willing to explain other than to say 'you can go to the dress rehersal on Friday'. Why can't other people go on Friday if it's going to be so great?
The Temple will have seating for about 1800 people per session (4 sessions, 7200 tickets total). Who is getting those tickets? I know I'm not more special than anyone else but I also know that I'm not any less special. Why can't I get tickets? I know there can't possibly be that many "vip's" in the area. I talked to the man in charge of the ushers for the Temple and he said there was nothing he could do.
When I was a teen, the Portland, Oregon Temple was built. I graduated high school just before it was dedicated. I was soooo excited!! This was *my* Temple!! I helped at the Open House along with many other youth. Then I left for college a week before the dedication. My Mom sang in the dedication chior and I would have been able to go if I had been there. So, when Rexburg was announced, I was ecstatic thinking that now I have another Temple that is '*my*' Temple and I would certainly be able to go to the dedication. I tried for several weeks, in vain, to find out who was in charge of the chior. No luck there. That was disappointing because I wanted to sing in the chior. Then to be told that I'm not allowed to attend the dedication in the Temple is devestating. I'll keep trying this week to see if I can find tickets but I'm not expecting there are any left.
If you've made it this far, please don't judge me. I have struggles you don't and I know you have struggles I don't. This is mine this week.
The photos are two of the many I have taken. I was able to crop them and they look fabulous as 8 X 10's on my wall.

No comments:
Post a Comment