Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wii did it!!!

After searching and searching and searching with no luck for many, many months, I finally found one!!!! I was too lazy to go on Ebay and didn't want to pay for shipping, etc, either. I was in Wal-Mart looking for something totally different when the lower shelf caught my eye. They had them in!!!!!!!!! A quick phone call to Brian to okay the expenditure and it was mine! I hid it under the seat of the van to escape prying eyes and sped home as quickly as possible. Alas, the children were already home. I had to wait one more night. Oh, the torture!!!!!
Next morning, as soon as the boys were off to school, I retrieved the beloved box from the car and whisked it downstairs. I read the quick set up instructions and was up and running in less than 10 minutes (and it only took that long because I had to figure out where to put the wires into the big tuner thing we have. It can be confusing!).
Ahhhhhh, pure joy as I bowled a few games, lost horribly in tennis, had a few good eagles in golf and sent the ball soaring in baseball. I counted it as my workout for today. :-)
Skip ahead to the afternoon. The boys came home. I was working in my room when one of them spied the controllers on my bed. "Why do you have Wii controllers?" he asked. No reply. "Do we have a Wii?!!!". No reply. Then another child comes in. They both bolted down the stairs to discover to their utter amazement that Mom has entered the 21st century and has indeed bought a Wii.
Now the next question is- what game shall we get next?????

1 comment:

David and Melissa said...

Oh, what fun! We've had ours going on 2 years and still use it nearly daily! Wii fit has been an enjoyable 'game' or tool for my workouts. It can really help you in your goal to drop the extra pounds you say you want to lose. If you lose by Feb, the $150 game pays for itself repeatedly :-) Call if you want thoughts on certain games. We've tried a variety.