Sunday, July 4, 2010

Finally another update

I can hardly believe it's already been 5 weeks since Brian left for Afghanistan!!!!!!! The time really has flown. Having 5 children to take care of helps keep me busy! LOL
The bad news is that because of delays in getting equipment and supplies there, he's been extended for at *least* another 2 weeks (so 3 weeks from now). If there are more delays, it will be longer. I'm no longer counting on any specific return date. I'll count on it when he tells me he has a return ticket in hand!!!
He was quartered on the British base (Bastion) but moved over to the American base (Leatherneck) this week. He had it pretty good on Bastion!!! He had running water and more. On Leatherneck, they are on bare dirt, as in no ammenities have been put in. He still has his sleeping compartment but there is nothing else. They have to get the sewer, plumbing and electric in. Poor guy hadn't had a shower for 3 days last I knew and it's around 120F every day along with blowing dust, dirt and sand. EEEEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Glad I don't have to smell that!!!! LOL He also had to move the satellite uplink and now they can't get it to work which means he has no internet. I haven't talked to him in several days. He was able to get an email out to me somehow to let me know they hoped to get the internet working today. So far, not so good. I'm not worried about it although I do miss talking to him.
I will certainly update everyone as I know anything new!!

No comments: