Well, Brian has signed a contract. We don't have a departure date but it will be within the next week. It's a bit different than we expected. Instead of doing electrical, he will be project managing. It's much broader in scope than just worrying about the electrical. He's excited about it because it's something he's wanted to move into for awhile.
One of the biggest differences is that this is a permanent job. It's not just one contract. It's a 12 weeks on, 3 weeks off career. The owner of the company made it clear that he is hiring Brian as a project manager to see what he can do and then move him up in the company. So who knows where this is leading. This is a British company. We were planning on working for an American company but this is what came up. One of Brian's friends from his 1st "tour" recommended him to this owner. His friend, Paul, works for this company so we have reliable information on the reliability of the company. Knowledge is good.
Brian will definitely be gone for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't know what the rest of the family will be doing. We might travel. We might stay home. We'll have to see when the time gets closer.
I'm certainly not looking forward to this separation. But it is what it is. Brian has been trying to find work around here. He's had some but we haven't had a paycheck for over a month. If he doesn't take this job offer, we won't have anything. I'm doing my best with my Mary Kay but it isn't to the point yet of being able to cover all our needs. Soon!!! I have 2 new team members and another will be submitting her agreement tomorrow!! Sales have been great over the past month and will continue. One step at a time.
We're having family portraits done this afternoon. I will post those as soon as I can.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment