Friday, March 6, 2009

NOM #4?

I skipped a day so I think I'm on #4. :-)
Today has been absolutely fantastic!!!!!!! I love my jobs!! The kids were home from school because the end of the term was yesterday. They all did really well with getting along and letting us sleep in.
I'm in the middle of taking care of paperwork and cleaning in my office space that has been waiting for me. I got to sit down and start putting my business paperwork in order so I can take it to the accountant. I didn't realize until last week that it's not nice to take all the receipts, put them on the accountant's desk and let him figure it out. LOL So this year, I'm doing all the sorting, filing and organizing. It's not difficult but I've learned my lesson. This year I will do it once a month and keep on top of it! I've been really good about keeping my month-to-month stuff sorted but now I'm going back and categorizing and totalling and all that. Just 5 more months worth to do!!!
I got a phone call this morning. A woman had gotten on to the marykay.com website and got my name as an active consultant in the area. I went to her house to deliver the product she needed ($18 worth) and left with a $135 order!!!!! I made about $70 in half an hour LEGALLY!!!!!!! I took a current brochure back to her (silly me, I didn't take one with me) and she will be ordering more. I love it!!!!!
Then, this afternoon, another woman called me out of the blue. We met in December at a craft fair that I had a table at. She has been a Mary Kay consultant in the past and was thinking she might want to become one again. She wasn't sure so I just gave her the information and told her to call if she decided to. Well, today she called!!!! And I now have my first team member!!!!!!! I went out to her house this evening to get her consultant agreement taken care of and give her some other information. She is great and fun to be around. I'm really looking forward to working with her! I know that for now she just wants to do this very hobby-time and I'm glad to have her on my team!!!!!
After meeting with her, Brian and I went to Outback for dinner (thank you Mom and Dad for the gift card!!). We celebrated our anniversary a bit late this year. It was fabulous food and fast service. It was about 9pm when we got there so there weren't many orders going into the kitchen. :-)
It has been an incredibly fabulous day!!!!!!!
So, here's my list-

#1- I will enjoy another 17 fabulous years with Brian and they will be even better than the first 17!!
#2- I will continue to build my Mary Kay team and reach my goal of being a director by next year.
#3- Tomorrow will be just as great!!!!!

1 comment:

Darilyn said...

Congrats on all the success. Way to go!